A Travellerspoint blog

Kuala Lumpur

More shops!

overcast 36 °C
View Our big trip on Wayward83's travel map.

We left Singapore on Monday 18th January and headed by train to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. It was a 5 hour train ride and we had to get off the train at the border control to get stamped out of Singapore.

When we arrived at KL Sentral we went to the ATM to get some local money out. It’s getting confusing changing money all the time and trying to work out the exchange rate each time. In Malaysia they use Ringgit and its 5.4RM to the pound at the moment.

I also had to go to the toilet while we were there. I got a bit of a shock when I walked in and found a squat toilet and a hose! Needless to say I didn’t use the hose...I would probably have ended up soaking myself from head to toe if I had even tried to use it!

First impressions of Kuala Lumpur were that it was quiet run down, I was expecting high rised, flash buildings like the ones in Singapore. We found them later, we had arrived on the outskirts of the city. We soon found all the big buildings and shopping malls.

That night we went to Times Square a huge 10 floor mall/hotel/cinema/bowling/theme park. This place was huge, big enough to hold a theme park with a rollercoaster! It had every shop imaginable.

It was Kevs birthday on the Tuesday and we were going to go to the Petronas Twin Towers but we had slept in. We were exhausted and just couldn’t move when the alarm went off. We were supposed to get to the towers before 10am to wait in a queue to get tickets to go up them as they only let so many people up each day.

Instead we had a look around another mall and had birthday cake and coffee in a really nice restaurant in the Pavilion Mall. It was called The Chocolate Lounge...need I say anymore :) We were in heaven. We got two big mugs of hot chocolate that came on ceramic stands with a tea light in to keep it warm, Kev got a carrot cake and I got the chocolate brownie with ice cream...I felt a little bit sick and shakey after all that sugar!

I had bought tickets to see Avatar in the cinema for Kev because he really wanted to see it. I hadn’t been that keen but it was actually really good. The two tickets only cost £6 and that was a 3D film, back home 3D films cost a fortune. Normal film prices were RM6 which is just over £1.

We got up early on Wednesday and went by train (not as flash as Singapore’s) to the Petronas Twin Tower. We got our tickets and were told to come back at 12.45 so we had a look around the mall. The Petronas is 88 floors high and home to hundreds of offices for people dealing in the petrol business. We could only get up to the sky bridge which was on the 41st floor. The lift goes up 1 second for every floor. It was pretty high up and again we could see for miles.

After the twin towers we walked towards KL Tower, a telecom tower, to get some photos. It was pretty hot and sticky and we were starting to wilt so we headed to Times Square to cool down. We ended up getting a Thai shoulder massage and reflexology. It only cost £6 for 1 hour. It was good but they were rough! Some bits were pretty painful. Kev couldn’t stop laughing when the woman was using some sort of metal stick thing to rub his feet, he was in stitches. When they did our back and shoulders they had us in all sorts of positions and pulling us this way and that. We felt really good after it, not as stiff.

After that we had to get packed up again to move on in the morning. No rest for the wicked :)

Posted by Wayward83 09:47 Archived in Malaysia Comments (0)


shops, shops and more shops!

overcast 36 °C
View Our big trip on Wayward83's travel map.

We arrived in Singapore on friday 15th January at about 5pm local time. We had no idea what to expect and were a bit worried about being somewhere new and no longer being in a Westernised country. We were a bit overwhelmed at first, trying to take in all of the hustle and bustle.

We checked into our hostel, very basic and just on the outskirts of the city but right next to a train station. We were sharing a room with two other guys, one from India, who couldnt speak much english and kept leaving the door unlocked! and the other from England but he didnt say much either, he just grunted a few times. So we pretty much kept ourselves to ourselves!

The first night we got there we headed over to a food court that the girl at reception had recommended. It was full of local people all bustling about and was a chance for us to get stuck in there and try the real food people eat. I will say this though...thank God they had pictures up of what there was to eat or I wouldnt have had a clue! It was a case of point and nod. Some of them did speak English though and they were all really friendly. Then I had a go at trying to eat my chicken and noodles with chopsticks...took a bit of practice but I managed to eat it all. I think we were a bit of a novelty to the locals because they were all watching us and smilling...probably laughing at me trying to eat my dinner with chopsticks! It was so cheap, our two meals and two drinks cost us about £5!!! Some difference from Australia. Kev was loving it, he was in heaven trying to decide what he wanted to try.

The next morning we got up and headed over to the train station to try and get into the city. We were stood like lemons for about 10 minutes at the ticket machine trying to work out how to use it. We had to select one button for one thing, press the screen for something else, select destination, etc. We eventually got there in the end. It said on the board that it cost $1 to go to the city hall stop but when we selected it it asked us for $2, $1 was for a deposit! Ive never had to pay a deposit for a train ticket before. Its because you get a plastic card spat out at you to swipe as you go through the barrier and then when you get to where you want to go you have to return the card to the ticket machine to get your deposit back, all a bit to confusing for us!

The trains were pretty flash, they were quite big inside and had the route displayed above the doors. There was a red light around the station you were going to next, all to help us stupid tourists I guess. We had to switch trains at City Hall and head for Orchard Street Station. We went up the stairs, got our deposits back, went through the palava of getting another ticket, back down stairs and ended up at the platform directly opposite the one we had just come from! We could have saved all that messing about if we had just selected the destination as being Orchard Street Station in the first place! Never mind, you live and learn :)

When we got off the train at Orchard Street we were straight into a huge shopping mall. It was massive, it had every store you could imagine. We headed for the exit because we thought that the main shopping bit was outside on the street. Wrong! The street was mainly made up of massive shopping centres, everything was inside, which was pretty good because it was way too hot outside to be walking about for ages. The malls were like giant maizes, just when you thought you had come to the end there was another corner or another escalator leading you to more. There were so many floors inside the malls, some of them must have gone down underground for 4 to 5 levels and up for just as many. We ended up feeling way to overwhelmed by all the shops, you would have needed a week in just one mall to see it all. We had a look in a few and then needed a coffee to revive us.

The malls were beautiful inside, most of them were done up in chinese lanterns or flowers. We were not sure if they always looked like this or if they were done up for Chinese New Year which is in February.

We went to a really cool sushi restaurant for lunch. You get a booth next to the sushi train and you just grab what you want when you see it. The boothes had a computer and mouse for you to select other dishes that werent on the train. There was also a hot water tap for you to keep filling up your cup when you were done. We loved it. We were like a couple of big kids playing with the computer and sampling all sorts from the sushi train.

After lunch we headed into another mall that must have been at least 12 floors high (but double floors) and ended up on the roof garden. The view was amazing, we could see for miles. It was really good to be up so high and see all the other high rise buildings that seemed to stretch on for miles.

That night we were exhausted from all the walking we had done and were glad to get back to the hostel and into bed.

The next day we were up early again and off to the area of Bugis, we got off there and had a wander. We realised then that nothing really opens until 11am. Everything seems to come to life at night time, thats when it gets packed and the shops are all open till about 11.30pm. We went to a wee juice stall that was open and ordered some drinks to try and kill some time before the shops opened. I got a mango smoothie which was delicious and Kev ordered a Durian fruit smoothie. Durian fruit is a locally produced fruit that Kev read about in a book. It said that the fruit smells really bad but tastes great, so Kev wanted to give it a go....it smelled alright, of smelly feet and it also tasted of smelly feet!!! Who ever wrote that it was good must have been having a laugh, it was rotten. After our foot smoothie experience we walked to the Singapore Flyer, a massive big wheel, which we went up in and could see the entire city and beyond.

After our ride on the big wheel we passed a spa place that had fish tanks in them. There was a sign up to have these fish eat the dead skin from your feet and legs, supposed to be quite relaxing. So we gave it a go...it was so weird at first, it really tickled but once you got used to it it felt really good. I ended up feeling so relaxed I almost fell into the pool!

Then we walked to Merlion park, where they have the big fountain of the half fish, half lion statue. The statue was built to promote Singapore's harbour and its myth. The Singaporan people are very into luck and good fortune, one building was designed to have the number 13 incorporated into the outside of it as they believe that 13 is a very lucky number. It was only when it was pointed out to us that we could see it, before it just looked like bits of the building were a different colour.

Singapore is a lovely city, it is so clean and well looked after. Kev says that they are not allowed chewing gum in Singapore. They banned it because of the mess it makes when people throw it on the street or put it under a table.

Posted by Wayward83 06:01 Archived in Singapore Comments (0)

Our last days in Australia :(

Perth and my birthday surprise!

sunny 35 °C
View Our big trip on Wayward83's travel map.

Right, Ive got a lot of catching up to do. Im just trying to think back and remember everything...

Ok, left Uluru and flew into Perth on sunday 10th January with no idea what we were going to do or see while we were there. I had seen pictures of Wave Rock that looked pretty cool but when we looked into getting there we realised that it was quite a bit away from Perth and would cost us £200 to do a day tour there so we didnt think it was worth it. We soon figured out that pretty much everything was a bit of a treck from Perth and would cost us quite a lot to do tours so we decided to just chill out and take in the city of Perth.

Its a nice city, not too big and only a short walk from the main shopping and buisness area there was a lovely garden area with statue kangaroos. We couldnt resist taking funny photos next to them...we got a few funny looks when I pretended to fight a kangaroo and Kev rode a kangaroos back...we had fun though!
Then a little bit down from that was the harbour area which was really pretty...there was a big bell tower but we couldnt see any bells!

We had a look around Perth's shops and visited Cottesloe, a lovely little place by the beach. We wierdly bumped into Craig and Rebecca, a couple who were on the South America tour with us 4 months ago, in the post office! It was so crazy, just goes to show you what a small world it is. We had a drink and a catch up with them which was good. Craig and Rebecca were doing more travelling aswell once the South America tour ended so we exchanged stories. We also went to Fremantle on my birthday but it wasnt really what we expected. I thought it would be a cute wee harbourside town with shops along the front. It had some shops but we couldnt find the harbourside. It was way to hot to be walking around in search of it so we headed back to Perth city and had dinner instead.

I had been dreading my birthday for a long time...think thats partly why we came away when we did, so I could try and pretend that it wasnt happening, that I wasnt turning 30!!!! I never thought I would turn 30...I was meant to stay 21 forever!

Anyway, that dreaded morning I turned 30 I got a phone call from home which made my day. It was so good to hear mum and dads voices. Then after the call Kev and I were talking about something and I joked that I was too old now to be called 'girlfriend' and out of nowhere Kev brought out a ring box! I didnt want to get too excited because he has bought me rings before that are just fashion rings. As I opened it he said that it wasnt really a birthday present but more of a I want to spend the rest of my life with you present. I started shaking but wasnt too sure if we were on the same wave length as he hadnt come out and asked me anything, I was thinking maybe he meant it as an eternity ring. So not to jump the gun and look like a right fool I put it on my middle finger, Kev asked how it fitted and I showed him and said it was fine...he didnt say I had it on the wrong finger so I guessed I had just got ahead of myself. I was still a bit confused so I had to ask if it was actually an engagement ring, he said yes and that he hadnt noticed it was on the wrong finger! So I guess you can say we did it true dumb and dumber style but we got there in the end :) I was just soo shocked by it, it was the last thing I was expecting because we are travelling and money is tight. Im not complaining though :)

It certainly took my mind off turning 30...nice work Kev...make a girls day and help her forget she's getting old at the same time...and they say men cant multi task :)

We were on a high all day, I was itching to tell people but it was the middle of the night back home so I had to wait. I think I did well, I waited until about 7am UK time before I started texting. I kept lookin at my ring and wandering if it was really happening and asking Kev if he was sure. It all felt a bit surreal.

That was a great way to end our time in Australia. We will have so many wonderful memories from here. We were both really sad to be leaving, we couldnt believe that we had spent 3 and a half months in Australia and it was now all coming to an end. It only feels like yesterday we were getting off the plane in Sydney!

We will definately be back at some point. Australia is a huge place and although we squeezed quite a bit in we have only just scratched the surface, there is so much more we would like to see and do...we would like to do the West coast properly and go back to Uluru to see it in the sunshine!

Posted by Wayward83 03:28 Archived in Australia Comments (0)

The magic of Uluru

A bit wet for a desert!

View Our big trip on Wayward83's travel map.


Update time...

We left Cairns on wednesday 6th January and had the luxury of using the Quantas Club lounge, thanks to Jill who we met in South America. She lives in Brisbane and she works for Quantas so she worked her magic and got us passes to use while we were here and she also changed our seats to front row to give us plenty of leg room. She's a star. The lounge was lovely, I couldnt stop giggling when we went in because I felt so out of place and nervous. They had big comfy chairs with loads of room, no one had to sit on the floor like in normal departure lounges! The also had free food and drinks, even alcohol but it was a bit too early for that. Plus free use of computers and wifi, it was brilliant...we were contemplating missing our plane so we could stay there! :)

We arrived in Alice Springs after a 2 hour flight. It was amazing to see the land change colour to the bright red and there was absolutly nothing out there for miles, just random houses every now and then...I have no idea how they could live like that, how could you do your weekly food shop, it would take you a week to get anywhere! There was a lot more greener than I thought, I had imagined it to be just all red dirt with verty few bush but there was actually quite a lot. The scenery flying in was stunning, lots of big hills and canyons...we were both getting really excited about what was to come.

We got to our backpackers, Toddy's and dumped our bags then went for a wander. Alice is a tiny wee place that is a bit run down. Its full of Aboriginals all bumming about, lying on the grass by the side walk drinking and shouting abuse as white people walk by. It was a bit intimidating and I felt we had to watch our backs. Its a real shame for these people, they have been forced to leave what they know to live like Westerners. They have been taken from their land and culutre and forced to live in houses and do what us Westerners do all because Westerners wanted their land. We have heard so many stories of how the Aboriginals have been given houses to live in and they just dont know what to do with them, they end up set up fires in the middle of the floors and knocking out the windows. They have also never had alcohol so their tolerance to that is very low and thats why there is a lot of drunken bums about. They also dont have the same rights as Westerners so its harder for them to get work. Its awful how they have been treated and made to change and conform to Western society.
The last Aboriginals to live exactly the way they were meant to died in the 1970's. There are still a lot of Aboriginals living in the bush but in a more Westernised way. They still learn the ways of the land but they wear clothes and have shops and houses. They also have a 'Bush' school for children in which they learn some of our normal subjects like English and Maths alongside learning about the way of the land.

Thursday morning was an early rise for us, we had to be up at 5am ready to join our tour at 6am!! It had been pouring all night and was still raining! We had been told that it hardly ever rained out there and when it did everyone got really excited and would dance in the street...we never saw any street dancers!

We all got squashed on our bus with our bags on our knees because the trailer was full of our swags (our beds for the next two nights) There were 21 of us all from different corners of the world...we were all pretty quiet to start with, think everyone was still trying to wake up! We had a 2 and a 1/2 hour drive until our first stop to get petrol and any snacks then another 3 hours until we got to Kings Canyon where we were to do a 3 hour treck. The rain kind of eased on and off but by the time we got to Kings Canyon and just starting the walk it began raining heavy again...little did we know that it was to be this way for the full three days...everytime we would step out the rain would get worse!

Kings Canyon was lovely, when I actually remebered to look up and take it all in, instead of watching my footing on the slippery paths! The soil was so red, caused by lots of iron in the soil which oxidises, so basically it all went rusty! Our tour guide Sasha told us that beneath the ground lies an ancient sea, that is why there is quite a bit of bush and reason it is only semi arid. The Aboriginals believed that men and womens business was to be seperate. They would each have different places to go and different things to learn, if a woman was to enter a mans area she would have a spear thrown through her leg as punishment and if a man were to enter a womans area he would be hit over the head with the womans digging tool. Kings Canyon was a mans area before so us women were very lucky to be entering the area.

We walked for hours around the canyon and eventually down to a natural pool where you could have a dip if you wanted. It was way too cold for me but Kev braved it and jumped in. There was a waterfall into the pool that Sasha said she had never seen there before. She had been doing the tour for a year and kept saying that we were very lucky to be seeing these places in the rain because hardly anyone got to see them in the rain! We didnt know if she was just trying to butter us up!

Back on the bus for another 2 hours before we stopped for dinner...chilli con carne, mmmmm. Almost everyone helped prepare the meal and set up for it, a couple would slink about the background hoping they wouldnt have to do anything! After dinner we headed on to our campsite. Luckily the place had a canopy up for some shelter, we moved the bus up next to it and put up another sheet to make the area a bit bigger to fit everyone in. Out came the swags, army still canvas sleeping bags with a gap at the top...first thing I thought was Oh my God spiders are going to get in there!!!! Thank God we got sleeping bags with fly nets attached to them so I could completely zip myself in otherwise I would have stayed up all night with the torch on!
Our shelter ended up not being much of a shelter! The rain was coming in sideways so we all got pretty soaked especially as the swags werent waterproof on the top! Our sleeping bags that had been inside the swags were soaking. Sasha had woken us up at 5am to get the hell out of there because she couldnt stand getting wet and cold any longer.

No one was a happy bunny that morning...we all packed up and got ourselves on the bus and headed for the next campsite so we could have breakfast. We noticed that the same girls (French) were hiding again when it came to getting everything packed away. This was to become the norm that everyone picked up on and got annoyed about.

Then we drove for about an hour to Uluru (Aires Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). Even though it was still raining and dull the first site of Uluru was amazing, everyone was scrambling to get a picture through the only open window on the bus. We stopped at Kata Tjuta first and got out for another wet walk. We passed through the Valley of the Wind, which was well named as we nearly took off a few times. Having to watch your step on the slipper surface and not get blown over was some serious multi tasking!

Kata Tjuta is a group of pinnicales that look like bee hives and one of the stories behind its creation is that there was a giant mother and two giant children who were annoying mum, wanting her to entertain them. Mum got annoyed and told them to go outside and find something to play with. They decided to make a giant mud slide to play on so they started scraping up the surrounding soil and forming it into a huge mound. The soil had lots of rocks in it so as they didnt want to hurt themselves when they slide down it they took the stones and threw them over their shoulder. Once the mud slide was finished they had soo much fun playing on it. They say that Uluru is the mud slide and the two lines of holes going down from the top are the imprints of the boys bums as they slid down and the two smooth ridges on the other side are from where they boys slid down on their tummies. The stones that they tossed aside from the mud slide are what form Kata Tjuta...36 big rocks gathered together.

Kata Tjuta was stunning, the rock formations were amazing and the colours so bright. We saw quite a bit of wildlife up there, tiny wee burrowing frogs that live underground for years at a time and a Euro, a kangaroo that lives in the rocks and is adapt to jumping about on the rocks. Kata Tjuta is a sacred site, we were allowed to take photos but we are never to sell them or we will be fined 1000's of dollors. If you try and look up The Valley of the Winds you shouldnt be able to find any photos of it...we felt very privilaged to see it.

Once we had finished the walk and were properly soaked through again we headed back to the campsite to have hot showers before we all got sick and also to have some lunch before heading out to see Uluru.

That afternoon we drove around a bit of Uluru, taking photos. It was so much bigger than I thought...its 900 meters high and 9.6 km around the base and Sasha said that not a lot of people know that Uluru goes 6,000 meters underground. She said it was like an iceberg, you only see a tiny bit of the top...whether this is true or not I dont know.

Once we had a drive around we went to visit the cultural centre, a place of Aboriginal culture and history. It was very interesting and quiet upsetting to see how hard a life they lived. There were umpteen stories called children stories that we were allowed to be told, children stories are stories than can change slightly over time but must have the same morals behind it. Adult stories means that the story must never change, it must be passed down through the generations word for word. This is because adult stories have a special message, whether its to keep you safe and to teach the way of the land. We were not allowed to be told any adult stories because we have to be initiated into a tribe first and deemed worthy. Sasha gave an example of an adult story being something like you are told 5 steps to preparing a poisonious plant before you can eat it, if any part of the story was to be missed out then it would cause harm to the people it was passed on to.

After the cultural centre we were supposed to watch the sunset over Uluru...didnt happen, it was far too cloudy and wet! We went back to camp and got ready for dinner. We had a really good night, we stayed up until about 12 because no one fancied getting into a wet swag! Jeremey, a guy from Melbourne had brought his guitar and we all had a sing along. It was a good laugh. Eventually though we couldnt keep our eyes open any longer and we reluctantly crawled into the wet swags which were lined up under the table in the pinic area. I woke up about 2am freezing though, couldnt really do anything, just had to put up with it, there was no where else to go! We were going to squeeze into the laundry room but another group had beat us to it!

Up at 5am again to see the sunrise over Uluru...again it didnt happen! We were supposed to do a 2 hour walk around the base of Uluru that morning but we were all fed up of getting wet and most of us didnt have any dry clothes left so we had a drive around it. We stopped at the Mala walk and had a quick strole...it actually stayed dry long enough! The sun was trying to come out now, we could see little bits of blue between the clouds...we didnt want to get too excited though as everytime we had said it was clearing up before it just rained again!

It was pretty amazing to see all of the waterfalls on Uluru...not a lot of people get that privilage, so I guess we were lucky after all.

The drive back was pretty cool too...we had soo much fun...the whole way we were singing along to the ipod tunes at the top of our voices. There was Maria and Jay a couple on their honeymoon from Bournmouth, Jeremy a teacher from Melbourne, Isa and Ragnlid two girls from Norway, Kev and me. We all got on really well and had lots of fun together, I think that they made the trip what it was. It was good to finally get to see Uluru but because it was such a wash out we all felt a bit sorry for ourselves. Kev and I will never forget that trip and we will always look back on it with fond memories. Hopefully we will all keep in touch :)

We saw even more wildlife on the drive back...a 'King Brown' snake while we were having lunch and then a 'Thorny Devil' lizzard crossing the road...how Sasha spotted I dont know because its tiny and almost the same colour as the ground, it was really cute though.

The roads had flooded too, we had to all get out push the bus through a puddle a one point! There were rivers where there hadnt been any for years. It was all pretty amazing to see and now we could understand why people kept telling us we were so lucky we were there while it was raining. It was a truely unforgetable experience. We would still like to come back one day to get to see Uluru with blue sky behind it.

After 7 hours we got back to Alice Springs were we saw roads closed due to the river bursting its banks and lots of people out swimming in the river, there were even a group of guys with a rubber dingy heading for the river. Everyone seemed in high spirits, it was a good sight to see :)

We had been told that it hasnt rained like that since 1965! They say that they got a little bit of rain but it was usualy only a spit and it would dry up before it had even landed. Jill told us that she used to commute to Alice for work and she has never seen the Todd River in Alice Springs with any water in it!

That night we all got together and had dinner and drinks, it was a really good night. A chance to have a laugh about what we had just gone through and swap email addresses. They even managed to drag me up and sing Karaoke!!! 'I will survive' was the song we chose :) I have never sung karaoke before...it was good fun though...Im just glad that most people were out the back of the pub smoking! :)

It was definately a brilliant experience and a bonus to have made such good friends. A time we will never forget.

Posted by Wayward83 22:50 Archived in Australia Comments (0)

Happy New Year

Here's 2010

rain 32 °C
View Our big trip on Wayward83's travel map.

Happy New Year!
It was so wierd celebrating 10 hours before you guys!

We arrived in Cairns on New years eve after our last leg of our road trip. It started raining at about 11pm and by the time we walked down to the front and watched the fireworks we were soaked through!

I cant believe that its all coming to an end, 10 weeks on the road has gone by really fast. We have seen and done so much, some good, some bad and some just plane crazy! But I wouldnt change any of it :) I feel that I have changed quite a bit from the scared, nieve girl who left in August. I have certainly had my eyes opened to a few things. This has been the best experience of my life and one I have known I have had to do my whole life. I feel ready to move on and settle down now, it feels so good to have followed a dream...no regrets. It has been major hard work saving the money and really scarey to leave the safety of my home, work, family and friends but it has been so rewarding and has calmed something inside me. I have learnt that if you have a dream you have to follow it no matter how scary it is or how many excuses you can find to put it off...nothing beats the feeling of following your heart and it has given me the confidence to do so much. I now look forward to following my next big dream...starting a business.

Cairns is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, I imagined it being the same size as Brisbane. It's tiny and no high rise buildings. I dont know what we are going to do here for the next 4 days. We hand the rental car back on
Monday morning and fly to Alice Springs on Wednesday to do a 3 day tour of Uluru, which we are really looking forward to. Kev is getting excited about trying the witchety grubs...I will have the camera ready :)

From Alice Springs we fly to Perth on the 10th for 5 nights. We are planning to rent a car for a day so that we can go and visit Wave Rock...a rock that funny enough looks like a wave :) Apart from that I dont really know what else there is to do, we were thinking of going swimming with wild dolphins but I have been put off that idea. I think i will freak out a bit in the sea, I hate being in dep dark water not knowing what is swimming beneath me. Plus I read that the dolphins dont get that close to you. We might drive up the coast to Monkey Mia, a place where dolphins swim right up to the shallow waters at the beach to get fed and petted.

I cant believe that we have just under 2 weeks left in Australia!!! Its crazy to think we have spent 3 months in Australia and 5 months away from home. Although its been good we are looking forward to getting home, seeing everybody and getting back to normal...no more living out of a backpack or sharing rooms with complete strangers. 6 weeks until we are home...get ready :)

Posted by Wayward83 02:23 Archived in Australia Tagged backpacking Comments (1)

(Entries 6 - 10 of 50) « Page 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »